The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Sunday, February 13, 2005

New Year celebration

Well, the event was quite successful, everybody really enjoyed all the performances and the food (I hope). Sofia even told me to be proud of my country as it is very rich, meaning in term of culture, values, customs..etc. I am glad that I met co Vinh (aunt Vinh-you do not call people that are older than you with their names in VN, it is considered to be very impolite and rude), the organizer of the event. She is an example of a nationalist, an example of someone who loves her country in every form and have brotherhood. There is no political intervention.

The show began with a dragon dance, everybody enjoyed it, although the place was quite small, so the dancers made a small incedent, and the table of the prize draw fell together with all the prizes on the floor :-)

The event continues with some performances of little Vietnamese kids, they are so cute!!!! :-), and then musical instruments, Vietvodao (Vietnamese kungfu), very nice...

Food was lots of sticky rice, soup, rice with roasted duck...Was strange taste for my friends, but I think they like it.

We went to the sisha bar afterward but it was completely full, so we ended it Cafe Central having a drink, then the nite ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home