The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Miscellaneous

I have been occupied on an unclear issue, I try to ignore the unpleasant facts but they just keep on coming, the most unpleasant part is that I knew more than what I was told. I need the patience of a saint ;-).

Anyway, I decide to diverge my attention on other stuffs...I just checked out the Earthwatch site, there are several projects going on. I am thinking of booking my space there for August to be in Wales or Yorkshire, UK. Project in Wales lasts two days, and it's about measuring the fertility of soil, trees..etc or helping scientists in Yorkshire entering date about dinosaurs, learn about them...That's my short term affordable volunteer travelling plan. My volunteer travel dream is to spend time with a group of scientists in Mongolia to do research on horses.

Other than that, I enjoy reading some travel stories on bootnall, they are hilarious. I am also reading another book of Haruki Murakami entitled "After the quake". It is a short interesting fiction of stories about people after the Kobe earthquake in Japan (almost 5000 people killed in 1995). Before the quake, the economy was booming, people had more money than they could spend, and the Kobe quake was like an echo of untouched issue, of a hidden past...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home