The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

When people are too busy....

...they will write the same mail to everybody they know ;-).

One of my friends is very bad in keeping in touch, in fact it is only when she needs help, I hear from her otherwise, she seems to vaporise in the air for some time. I don't blame her, of course, sometimes that drives me nut, and creates disappointment but I guess the best way to deal with friends like that is to act like themselves. So, the less you expect from them, the more you feel better because you know that's the way it should be.

She is a not the bad person, just a little careless, maybe it's culture difference? don't know but we have talked about that, but it did not seem to change, so I guess there is nothing we can do if we do not have will ;-).

I was suprised to see her mail, she just came back from holidays, and usually I did not expect to receive her mail so fast, so I thought she probably also felt it was long since we last talk...But well, only after I talk to another friend of mine, we realised she sent us the exact same message. This is like no big deal for some people, but for me, writing an e-mail or letter to friends requires effort to convey that you care for them, that you indeed think about them. They are just not words, they are feeling that you can not describe directly because you do not see each other. It is sad to see that people use mails to lie or being dishonest, or an easy mean to fake their feeling.

I think we should treasure friends that you can still keep in touch with, because believe me there are friends even when you want to write to them, it seems like you are facing the wall...Anyway, that's another story!

Am I being too serious again? ;-) C'mon, even direct mail needs to be personalised ;-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home