The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

The beautiful country

I recently bought this DVD, it was about a story about a guy who was haft Vietnamese, haft American (When I was young, I saw plenty of kids like this guy in my neighbourhood, they were either adopted by Vnese family because their mothers abandoned them or abandoned and lived on the street-it was a shame for the family to have kids from American soldiers. I still remember those kids were not considered like Vnese...I sometimes feel like them, out of place, a sort of not fitting in your own country, and not in the country you live...) who was forced by circumtances, left VN on the boat journey (boat people) during the 90s, and found his American father in Texas...

It is a very good movie with beautiful pictures of streets in Saigon, and a re-make VN refugees during boat journey and in refugee camp (things I have heard of from some friends of uncle). The music is also very beautiful. In short, worth a buy.

BTW, after "Destination Unknown", Sexsmith's new CD is stunning, his songs gave a warmth feeling, and revealed the humanity. My favourite song is "Never give up".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home