The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Help! my kajak abandons me :-)

Phew! last few weeks were crazy. I went to check out Couleur cafe, and saw some awesome concerts, I liked the one of the Roots very much. Last Sat, I spent my whole day in Antwerp for sales, but in the end I didn't find anything that was within budget, and cool. Maybe I have become too economical or have prices just went up too high? I have to say there are many things nice stuffs, but if you don't have a proper job, I don't feel like spending a couple of hundred of Euros on clothes. A few weeks ago when I went shopping for foods, and when I came out, the bill was almost 200Euros, mind you, it's not like we eat super expensive stuffs or anything, but when you compare, it's more than 8000 Belgian francs just for our stomach in a week! Yeah, I stopped comparing the price in Eur and BF for a long time like many of us did, but because the shop left the price in Eur and in BF, it just hit me that I ate too much :-)

I won't bother you, my faithful readers and dearest friends with the boring "money talk", let's me tell you the kajak story last Sunday :-). I organised the kajak trip to Dinant for a group of 12, the start of the trip was already a big crazy, then things began getting right, but after the lunch break, and a couple of paddles haft way to the end, me and my uncle fell into the strong, cold streams, and we never saw our kajak again :-). The water stream was extremely violent, the kajak had a hole, so it was filled up with water, at some points, it started sinking and turned upside down (maybe it did not like us). I shouted to my uncle, who was trying to get his sandals "get the kajak, get the kajak" but it was too late, the water carried it away too far, and the damn water was too cold, and the stones at the bottom hurted our feets, we were helped to get to the bank, and I rescued our paddles (still hoping that we will able to kajak...). My friends passed, and I called out to them to get the kajak for us. After a few attempts, we ended up walking 4km through the forest to the nearest train station (thank God that there was a train, otherwise we would have waited for another hour), and got the back to the starting point where I saw my friends reaching the end of their water journey without me :-(. So, we were cheered up by a couple of beers, and headed back to Brussels for a great Indo-Pakistan dinner.

Anyway, I hope the coming weekend will be less unfortunate, and I am already looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home