The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Hong Kong

20/02/2005

Finally Fox and I found each other ;-). The first thing was of course to have the Chinese famous Dimsum in HK!!. The restaurant that Fox took me to was quite big although Fox said there are bigger restaurant. We had to get a number to wait for available seats. After not a long time, our number was called, we got into the restaurant, the waitress showed us our table, and brought tea (whenever you have food in China, tea is automatically served, and is for tea-you get different types of tea, not always the same type of tea). I observed the people around, they came with their family (it was Sunday morning), sitting in a big table with plenty of food, eating and talking very loudy. I loved that atmosphere.

The menu was in Chinese, so Fox ordered. Food was brought to us, Fox told me to clean my chopsticks, cup, bowl with the hot water (it was not because they were dirty but it is a tradition when you have "dam cha-dimsum". I have ever eaten that good Chinese food in my life!! That was decent Chinese food. Dishes just look so delicious, and gorgeous, my mouth started watering. We just kept on eating and eating, or exactly only me was ACTUALLY eating because Fox said he was full. I ate until I couldn't move mmmm, I wished my stomach was bigger! And as I am writing this down, I still can remember the smell and the taste of the simple green vegetable sautee with garlic, and a sort of red bean, pork...rice porridge, Chinese buns...Everything was presented very simple, in small portions, but the smell was very appealing, and once you tasted, you just wanted to finish the dish and move on to the next one.

After dimsum, we wandered around, sightseeing, we went to the Avenue of Star (Hollywood remade for HK stars), I found my favourite HK stars printed hands, Jet Li, Andy Lau, and a star for BRUCE LEE!! ;-). We decided to take the ferry to Central HK (HK Island), it took about 15 mins or so to get there, and we took the tram to visit the PEAK.

It was quite impressive, the tram was going up to the peak at 45 degree to the ground, at some point I thought it would bounce back to the bottom where it started! It stopped in the middle..oh god, scary but we had an excellent view of the whole island with plenty of high glass skycrappers among which the Bank of China building, the symbol of HK island. However, it doesn't mean the island is industrial and city like, it is also very green, and with the sea surrounding, I think it's nice.

Fox and I was crazy enough to walk around Central HK trying to find an actual Sony Style Store. Onething was clear, Sony is a dominant brand here, everywhere you find a detailed Sony store with newest gadgets...

1 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Blogger Wei said…

    You stole the menu from the restaurant!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home