The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Sky-diving

Weather was excellent, we had clear blue sky, sun was shining although the wind was quite strong..

So, I dived. Gosh, what a sensation it was!! After a detailed explaination of how your body should be when you jump, at the freefall, hen the parachute is opened...At the freefall, arms folded, legs joined behind your butt. When the parachute opened, arms need to be in Jesus Christ positions :-) etc..

The sky dive center in Spa was full of Germans, and next to Francorchamps, many people dived this morning , mostly professionals who were practicing for their publics performances...

When I was at the edge of the jet door at 4000 meters, I could feel the wind hitting my face, the pressure, and god, the next "0" second I was in the air, I was thinking of nothing, didn't have time to think but to do what the intructor said "open your arms now". When he opened the parachute, it was abit unstable, and we fell slowly..."you see, there is the racing Francorchamps", " that is your friend over there"...Oh man, it was just fantastic!!!, what a sensation!!!! The instructor gave me the corde to control the parachute, "no, no pull the right side now...now left...".

2 mins after, we landed, so that was it, I alive, and I think if something could have happened, I would not have time to think that I would die either :-) gotta do it again, and will do it on my own :-). Such a beautiful experience, and it's all mine!!

I got DVD, pictures, and a certificate that I did the sky-dive, so I will post them soon. I just checked the DVD, and my face look like Jim Carrey when he put a mask on in the movie called " the Mask" :-).

After that we wanted to do karting in francorchamps, but when we got there, there was a karting race, so we just wated abit...there were some racing cars on the other side...Although we could hardly see them, only heard the engine, they passed like an arrow. No wonder why guys love this sort of thing (hmm), motorbike is nice though :-)
Click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home