The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I didn't realise sometimes I left people with no news ;-)

" What about your project to travel during the summer? Otherwise, I could invite to come and visit me in NY before you take another job? Btw, what are your prospects? Where are you looking for?

I wish you good luck in your endeavor. I know already that you will be successful. Please keep your word to write from your hotmail or yahoo account and do not leave me withouy any news. Sometimes, I get really worried."

Every relationship is based on a mutual understanding between two or several different people, there is support, compromise, disagreement, advice...Although the fabric of relationship between friends, among family members, between colleagues, between employer and employees, between boyfriend and girlfriend, between, partners is different from one to the another, they still hold a common trait: the painful good-bye. Today I am saying good bye to my colleagues in Sony. I realise how much I have attached to these people, and yes saying good bye to them is also sad. Of course, it is a whole new chapter for me, new friends, new job (probably) or a complete new study to change my career? but still sad because these people have been my companions on a long, hard but enjoyable journey.

Yesterday, when they gave me a farewell party, they gave me gifts, and "stay like you are, will miss your simplicity and a your nice smile", "Will be lonely with you...", "there are many challenges ahead, I learnt a lot in managing you, you have a lot in teaching people, trust in yourself...". I read the card many times when I came home, and feel happy and lucky to have met my Sony colleagues. In time like this where you start doubting about your capacity, feeling a bit lost, these words are like fuel that are supplied to an empty tank, it boosts my spirit up, and reminds me the person I am. I didn't know that I was that lovable and yet it is confirmed I smile a lot ;-)))

I am not so good in staying in touch with good friends and people I love when I am not happy. A habit I will try to break, won't be easy though.

But then again, it is meant that I met every single person, it is also meant that it is time we go different ways. The journey of life continues, and I just hope our road will cross again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home