The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Slow Sunday

Brussels is having an Indian summer, days are still bright, the sun is shining, sometimes a chilly breeze goes by but it brings the smell of freshness when you are walking under the trees, on the yellow leaves that fell down the night before. You know autumn is present to prepare the coming long, cold, dark winter and yet still warm somehow. The temperature is above seasonal temp apparently, and we of course do not complain but enjoy a little advantage that nature offers to us.

Sitting comfortably in my couch, have to be careful with my back that is giving me a lot of pain. I might consider to do the X-ray check. My head is spinning, and the terrible headache yesterday seems not yet disappears. So I decided I will write a post here instead of reading the boring textbook for my class tomorrow while the Ragout D'agneau simmers in the kitchen.

I didn't go to climb yesterday due to serious backpain that I woke up and realised it was bad. And I am glad that I didn't go because I have managed to do many things, like writing a couple more of pages for what I call "my future book" ;-). Writing and cooking seem like my ways of dealing with stress, maybe it helps my mind to relax even just for a few minutes or an hour.

I asked a silly question to one of my friends whether his girlfriend cooks for him, just after the question poped out, I realised how stupid it was. It does not exist a lot anymore that a woman has to do all the house work or men can not expect to have a woman that does all the cleaning, dinner ready on the table, shopping, and at the same time sharing the expenses with them in the house. That's probably some supernatural sort of woman ;-).

One of the VNese guy I know married and brought his wife to Belgium. When I look at the way she takes care of him, I wonder if I could be that good of being a wife. I meant I try to do many things in the house by my own, and even sometimes I am wasted, I do not want to let my uncle to go and buy something to eat quick. Of course, he is not old yet, and he needs someone to pay attention to his nutrition...It probably is easy to prepare a quick dinner for my uncle because I know what he likes, he is Vnese, he is easy when it comes to food...

I see where my mind is leading to again, it may be best for me to stop here ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home