The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dinner at Stanhope

Stanhope is a 5 star hotel located near the European Commission, Place Luxembourge, and I guess because of its location that its main customers are mostly business people...

Anyway, David invited me for dinner there last week. It has been such a long time since my first last dinner in a 5 star hotel ;-), not that I have dinner all the time in those luxurious place (I prefer cheap place that serve good food, and a lot even though I can't eat a lot at once, silly, isn't it? ;-)), where dinner is a three courses, followed by coffee or tea and delicious homemade small cookies to accompany with ;-). The first dinner I had was 4 or 5 years ago in 5 stars Hilton on Ave Louise top floor, where you had the whole view of Brussels, but it was different, was a school party.

The restaurant area of Stanhope is small, but the decoration is just warm, candle light, the silver table setting, classic music, it gives you a formal but yet romantic...I don't know how to explain it, but just different. Not that I am fan of this sort of dinner but once in while having someone inviting you, it's quite nice ;-P.

When I sat at the table looking at the staffs of Stanhope, and the customers, I realised that hospitality is really what I want to do, I am thinking next year when I will be in New York, I will check out the cooking class, and really learn how to become a chef. Also, my ambition is that when I acquire good experience in this industry, I will go back to VN and train some young people how to serve in hospitality, VN is now known as a cheap (maybe sex???) destination, I would like to market it as a destination where companies (at least for those in Asia) will choose to organise their conventions..etc. Of course, that means the government has to invest in infrastructure, but I strongly believe that will come (well, I really hope so). The reason is that employees who are hired to work in hospitality industry, airlines, and so forth in VN (or in most Asian country) are hired for their physical, age, language skills, and not for their actual working experiences. So, I would like very much to help my country later in this industry, which is the next best thing right now in Asia.

I really appreaciated what David did, I wasn't feeling so happy, but he really insisted to bring me there. Good time with good friends-there are people who meet the first time, and it's just click, you feel closed, and David always calls me sister, which is so cool ;-))))

Anyway, I have to call Irina, Christian calls me, she is in hospital now, lung infection (pneumonia)... I am worried, she is in there a week already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home