The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Sunday, November 20, 2005

IKEA

"Hey, what are you doing?" Manu called yesterday afternoon.

"Nothing specific, just reading a book" I said.

"Ok, wanna come to IKEA with me, I need to buy a new closet, and a female opinion will be appreciated ;-)" Manu said.

So, I decided to join him since it has been a long time that I haven't been there. IKEA was full with new things for Xmas, candles, decorations, Swedish shop was full with food, warm wine...etc. We found a very nice closet that suits his place just fine.

"Those meatballs look good, mmm. BTW, let's go to HK delight later?" Manu said when he saw the package of meatballs in the Swedish shop.

"No, I am cutting back my spending, I know you will pay but I prefer not ;-). But we can have dinner at my place. I will make something, maybe meatballs ;-P" I said

"Ok, deal but I will go to Delhaize with you"

So, after we left the new closet at his place, we went to Delhaize to buy meats. I made meatballs while Manu entertained me with his jokes ;-).

Fox already left for Puerto Rico in the morning, otherwise I would call him to join us. It was quite cosy, we just watched a program called "Strictly come dancing" on BBC, where there were 8 couples compete in dancing Tango, Valse, Samba...Salsa... , and talked about Xmas, New Year, life, people, experiences, sport, movies, music.

"So, what are your plans for Xmas, having dinner with your boyfriend's family?. Where is he?, btw. Haven't met him yet" Manu asked.

";-), so many questions... No, usually I spend Xmas with uncle and his friends. He is in Spain for work, you will meet him, no worries". I looked away when I said that, I wasn't telling the truth, but I didn't want Manu to know the truth yet after what we had talked a few weeks ago. I know you guys will probably say how silly I was, but I prefer keeping it that way for the time being.

"So, things worked out, I am happy for you, really. But you just destroy my hope of going out with a super girl ;-)" Manu joked.

"Yeah, I am glad, too. I am going to New York next year in September for a year and a haft."

So, we just kept on talking about plans for next year, about how things will be. There will so many changes, big changes. It is quite nice that we can be friends...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home