The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Lunch at David's place


Yesterday we had a short class in the morning, so David invited me to his place for lunch as he lives in Ave George Henri, pretty near to our school. He said that he would make something quick and fast for us, but gosh, I was so full afterwards that I almost fell asleep in the afternoon class ;-).

There was a "proper" made sour and spicy soup with different sort of Chinese dry mushrooms, dry longans, a sort of dry grapes (but not really-I asked David but he said he didn't know what it is called in English), fake crap... and so forth.

He also made a fry noodle a la David amazingly good, I have rarely eaten that good fried noodles, and he made a special salad with tofu, peanuts (but he made tofu very nicely, he marinated the tofu first, fried it, and then put it in the oven to make it dry...)..In short, just a very tasty, big lunch.

David lives just above a Pizza Hut place, it is a small place that he shares a common bathroom, kitchen, living room with some other Belgians people (most of them are very cool musicians ;-)).

I am going to take him to movie next week since he told me it has been three years since he is here but he has not been in movie theater because he wants to focus on studying. So, I told him that there is time for everything, so next week he has to come with me for a movie ;-).

Another frustrated note, like many people who hate traffic jams, I hate taking the subway in the morning, especially now. Every morning, no matter how early I am at the station, the metro is just full, if you take the subway, you probably understand what I meant by "full". It means people are packed like they are in a sardine box, and literally speaking, you can't move AT ALL. Like always there are different types of people who take metro (as they drive), those who just can't wait for a few minutes for the next one, and just try to squeeze in no matter how full the vehicle's compartement already is. Of course, the door can't be closed, therefore the metro can not move...So f*cking frustrating. This morning, there was one woman with her son, about 6 years old, and the child (probably has to deal with this all the morning, difficult for him to breath) was so scared of getting on the metro, he was crying and disapproved "No, no, I don't want to get on". The mother just dragged him in (despite the fact that the door can not be closed), and then she yelled at other people in that train, "Move, move people, there is a child here". I couldn't believe it when I was staying outside waiting for the next one instead of becoming a sardine, there was that stupid woman who tried to suffocate her child and blamed other people for that. Ok, I am probably harsh here, but WTF. Instead of getting up earlier and taking your child early if she knows that the metro will always be full, and her child does not like that, she dragged him in and shouted at other people, what's that?

I understand that being a mom has a lot of responsibilities, that's why please think twice before you want to make baby. When a baby is born, there is a HUGH package that comes along with, i.e. how to teach your child and discipline them (hehehe, I know I am not good at this, but well, it's the task of parents, no? not only moms)...and so forth.

So, yeah, still wanna make babies, ladies and gentlemen? ;-)) Of course, babies are nice heheheh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home