The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Banh Bo


To be honest I do not know how to translate the name of this Vietnamese cake, in Vietnamese, it is called "beef or crawl cake" (well "Bo" means both beef and crawl) but there is no meat inside of course or that when you make the cake you have to crawl or something ;-), so I have no idea. I guess it is better to keep its name as it is.

We can steam or grill this cake, but I prefer steaming, and no colour was used, if I had time, I would have used red colour from the beet root...but well

Recently, I have been envious of vegetarian dishes, my favourite is "Buddhist Monk's soup" -Canh Kiem, or coconut skicky rice...MMMM. Anyway, will have to cook these dishes one of those days...

Don't you feel like you have so many things to do, and not much time? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home