The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Sunday, January 08, 2006

"Top of the world" Carpenter ;-)

"I'm on the top of the world lookin' down on creation
And the only explanation I can find
Is the love that I've found ever since you've been around
Your love's put me at the top of the world"

Such a long time I didn't listen to this group, I remember when I was small, my youngest uncle played this sort of music, ABBA or Roberta Flack "Killing me softly with his song", or the Beatles..etc, at the time of course I didn't understand anything, I just thought the music, rythms of the songs were very nice....So, when I got a little older, I started to listen to this sort of music, soft and meaningfull, full with love, sometimes sad but sometimes fun, and with French music, I bought lot of cassettes of Vanessa Paradis, and especially liked "Jo, le taxi" ;-).

Now, music is rather banal, recently when I was zapping the remote control of my TV, on MCM there was a song of this girl called Nolwen or something and the song is about her, Nolwen, very bad song, I don't know who wrote it, probably herself. Why do we allow this sort of music broadcast on radio? I mean do they think that we do not know what good music is about?

Lyrics are rubbish, and most of the time talking about sex or else...James Blunt is very good song writer, okey his songs are very sad, sometimes can be quite "cheesy" for some people ;-) but for me, they are very poetic, meaningful, his love songs are real at least. Micheal Buble's "Home" is really nice or more Stereophonics for the fun...

Madonna is so far very good artist, very creative and I think she is an amazing woman, full of surprises, she knows what goes best for her career.

In VN we say, talented or beautiful people always have a curse ;-), like Karen of Carpenter, she suffered from anorexia nervosa that she died so young...Anyway, I love their music, and when I listened to this especially "top of the world" reminded me many things, lycrics are beautiful! And yes, I especially like love songs because without love, there is no hope in life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home