The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Life and Limb-Jamie Andrew

I have been reading climbing stories, so after re-read Touching the Void, I read this book "Life and Limb".

It is similar to Touching the Void, also as sad, as driven, as compelling, but with a sense of humour. It must be amazing, breath taking to be on top of world, like many climbers say, and yet reading Jamie's story, I am sure it is.

He lost his limbs, but went back, reaching the summit again, isn't that amazing to allow yourself to live your own passion, and have family members supporing you? Not many wives want husbands to go out to where the danger awaits, maybe one who understand what it likes to see what their husbands see?

The more I read about these stoires, the more I want to get on with a real adventure ;-), not because it's dangerous, only because I want to live the unique experience...Hmm

Anyway, I am going to Waterstones bookshop after lunch to smell and check out some books ;-). No better way to spend a rainy day than in a bookshop or a museum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home