The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Foods and Papers


When the weather is good enough to sit outside and not so hot ;-)

The BBQ followed by a fondue of goat, fermented tofu and taro, creating a cool, excited atmosphere. Besides, less meat...

I went to eat Reunion foods last week, and love it. Their cuisine has many similarity with Indian (I guess because of the Indian majority and the geographical location of the island). The restaurant is called "La case de Creole", and it is near to where I live. They have very good curries, and they are served with beans, rices, veggies, and a sort of really hot sauce made with tomatoes, lemon grass and chillies. Desserts are not recommended ;-)

BTW, apparently there is a new bar opened called "The Flat" by two good friends, and a very good architectures. It is a place to meet after work, and a great hang out for expats in Brussels. You can have drink in the bedrooms, on the edge of the bathtub, from living room to dining room...And the interesting concept is in the price fluctuation of drink consommation at "The Flat"

Talking about foods, there are some very strange ideas recently come out, like enjoy your dinner at 50 meters above the ground (in an unsual way of course), but hey I guess we can onyl enjoy the view at the first few minites, afterwards, how long will the excitement last? and imagin the shortage of drinks, and limitations of serving. Anyway, you may like the idea http://www.dinnerinthesky.com/, I don't ;-)).

On the note apart, the other day I went to the renew passport, I guess it has been years since I last went to the VN embassy. They don't renew anymore but only making new ones ;-), and need 8 photoes. I have never been asked for many photoes before for passport. Anyway, I was really upset when the women in the counter talked to a loser, who apparently goes back and forth to VN several times, and this time, he went back to get married. And the woman said "I am sure you can get many girls you want, men like you who have Belgian passport, they will run after you". Really, I find it like an insult to any Vnese girls. I really wanted to punch her.

Talking about papers, I hope mine will get in order soon...It is really a pain in the neck when many things I do depends on it. Grrrrhhh

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 4:27 PM, Blogger Chen said…

    8 photos to make new passports?
    wow.. that's a lot :O

    The woman in the counter really has "bad mouth"

     
  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger Vagabonder said…

    Yeah, I was surprised as well when they asked for 8 photos.

    I really wanted to kick her *ss!!There are women like that in VN unfortunately, making themselves cheap.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home