The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Summer gardening ;-)



I have always wished to have a garden to grow different sort of plants, tree, flowers, vegetables...I like gardening, it's relaxing, a bit like when I cook. I especially like herbs, I grow three different kinds of mint this summer, basilium, and some Vietnamese herbs that I managed to keep them alive to plant after using them. Since I don't have a garden (not even a really small one ;-(), I use everything I find to plant something in. So, with this thingy that looks like a bath in old time but it was actually used to give water to livestock. Anyway, last year I tried to plant some roses and flowers in there, but Mika and Yoda used to get into in, did their toilet, and of course killed or damaged everything. So, this year I took the old soil out, put in new soil that I asked for from a friend's garden, mixed with some soil vitamins, and planted tomatoes, zucchini (I know that there is not space, I even planted pumpkin but the weather was really bad in beginning Jun, heavy rain, so the pumpkin and a couples of others broke and died!), a couple of Vnese herbs, dill...Yesterday when I got home from work, I saw the tomatoes have some flowers, and the zucchini has produced some fruits ;-), there are also some male flowers though, but that can be used to make farcied...

Anyway, of course it was for fun, and it feels good to see the vegetables grow

1 Comments:

  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    lousy weather there makes them hard to grow...try indoor ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home