The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, June 10, 2006

World Cup 2006

It was the opening of World Cup yesterday, and the first two matches, Germany-Costa Rica, Poland-Ecuador.

If only my friends in VN could be here, it would be so much fun. I still remember when I was young, when there was World Cup, my uncles and cousin (sons of aunty in Hanoi) stayed awaked until late morning to watch, and if I did not have school, I would try to watch with them as long as I could (mom usually had to drag us, and I still remember how much I cried ;-))

When I joined university, all my friends love football, we even had a girl team in my class, and when we had competition, the boys came to cheer ;-), and vice-versa.

Not only many Vnese have to stay awaked to watch, but World Cup is also an event that makes many families in VN lose everything because of betting.

Anyway, I do think it is much more fun to watch world cup in VN than here, but if we gather friends together for some beers and snacks, it is also not bad ;-), especially Belgian beer is best here. This time, Belgium is not qualified but well, they do have two stunning female tennis players.

I prefer the match between Poland and Ecuador, more fun, and the one of Germany and Costa Rica was not exciting. Today matches are more interesting, England-Paraguay, Argentina-Ivory Coast...Can't wait for Brazil to play ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Chen said…

    I'm not football fan ;) So this month will be just like the other months for me :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home