The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunday Brunch in Blue Elephant


I hope in 7 years, I will be able to open a restaurant like this Thai chain. So, it means that 2 years of training, then maybe a couple of years working, after that I want to be an entrepreneur ;-). It's so nice to work for yourself, free from everything else. Of course, you may as well work harder, but well your spending at least varying according to what you have earned.

They offer brunch at around 35 E, and the foods are fresh and well taken care of. Of course, they are smart enough to choose the location in Chee de Waterloo, where many rich people and expats live in. I like their salad de Vermicelle and lemon grass most, and then the desserts ;-). The noodle soup is not bad either although the impression I got when I stood in front of noodle soup table was like "hey, that looks like pho. Don't tell me that you guys are serving pho now", but well, different noodle soup, taste is little sweeter, and with some peanuts. I think Vnese food has a lot of similarity with Thai, we use a lot of coconut milk in cooking as well as for desserts, lemon grass is also used in making some soups...and of course the fish sauce, and other fresh ingredients like coriander, Thai basilic...etc.

Anyway, the staffs are Thai...okey, I think the girls have a little big bones, but to compensate, they speak very politely, soft, and sweet. The guy who was serving the noodle soup is kinda cute ;-P

...And they have fresh young coconut...MMM yummy. I ate a lot of guavas, sweet tamarind, rose apple...many nice fruits

3 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said…

    nice.....Viet and Thai kinda similar but i still prefer VN food as its cleaner and well..NOGON QUA.....chuckle

     
  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger Chen said…

    aiks.. I haven't have the chance to try any Vietnamese dishes yet, but I have tried Thai dishes several time, & I love it..

    I heard someone mentioned young coconut? that's my favourite drink ;)

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Vagabonder said…

    Well, Chen, VN is close ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home