The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, February 16, 2007

African dance

I had my first lesson in african dance at the Yantra dance Academy, and I love it. There were a serie of choices such as breakdance, bellydance, jazz, comtempory, hiphop, balley, Flamingo...etc, I did not see myself doing balley for example, it is so strange, like one of my friends suggested to wear a bathing suit (and not swimming) with a short skirt, but most importantly how to move yourself, so that people don't say that you dance like a salmon ;-).

The class lessons conducted in live music, a couple of guys play the tambour drum. They play so good, and if you get the rymthm, you will get carried away in a dynamic movement. The dance itself has a lot to do with moving hips, arms, butt...like the prof explains your upper part of the body is like air, and the legs is like the earth. It is also nice to meet people, talk, and maybe somehow your perspective of life is similar to them...

Anyway, I belongs to a group of students who will perform the dance with the prof in Jun ;-), so that makes it fun to take the lessons because we know people will see us dance ;-). That is so cool!

BTW, I have a dream last night that I am fighting against a ghost. I wonder why I often have so many fantasy dreams...

Well, Chuc Mung Nam Moi to all of you ;-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home