The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, January 21, 2005

Closer

I went to see this movie yesterday, it's brilliant!!

This morning on the way to work, I was thinking about my dead grandpa. I remembered he used to tell us (me and Huong) the story of the dead frog (nothing special about that, just the frog died, its skin would dry out..), but I think probably the way he told it was so magic that we begged him every time to tell us that story ;-). My grandpa was also a father for me, he was very supportive and always set realistic goal for us. Although, sometimes we got tough punishments from him, but they were for the best persons we have become today. I miss him today!!

I have received some e-mails from BootnAll insiders suggesting where to stay, what to do in Guilin, and Yangshuo...Have got an e-mail from Steven, offering his help when I arrive in Guilin. It will be nice I think. Apparently he is from Sichuan originally, Panda home, and studied in Guilin university, now working in marketing and web design in tourist brand, so he must know a lot. Anyway, I am looking forward to be in China.

Also I plan to take my mom all the way to Central VN, Hoi An, Hue, then from there we will fly to Luang Prabang for a week.

Tonite, I am seeing the VNese gang, one of the guy is going back on Sunday to get married, so we will eat and drink today and tomorrow. He is counting his days now ;-), will no longer be single, we made fun of him. I will start a course of Vnese musical instrument this Saturday. BTW, talking about musical instruments, we have a joke..;-). All instruments in VN start with "dan", for instance, guitar will be "dan guitar", however, "women" in Vietnamese is "dan ba", so the guys in VN usually say that there is only one musical instrument that they can play, which is "dan ba" of course...;-)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home