The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

First indoor climbing experience

OMG, I LOVE IT!!!

It was a small club, there was not many people like in any other places, so we could climb as many times as we like. Besides, since it is small, you are able to make friends with other experience climbers, they have been climbing for years, and ONLY cool good looking guys ;-)).

Most of them are English speakers, working as consultants or developpers, travelled in places I have ever heard of (am so bad on this), friendly, helpful..In short, interesting people.

I thought I had to pay a fee to learn but when you are surrounding by experienced climber, you don't have to pay anything (btw, first day trial for free!), everybody gives you advices with their techniques (of course, I have to find mine). It looks easy, but it's not because you have to follow a route (same colour), and sometimes from one hold to the other, it is not easy, and the holds are in different forms, some big, some I can't hold at all! The colour is for the rating...I am at 4 plus, when I tried 5, I was too tired to get to the end...Next Monday I hope. Yes, Monday will be my climbing day.

I think it is more difficult to secure a partner than to climb. I did quite well on the first day, and had fun in the cave training ;-) (it was like a military training or something). Probably because the wall is not that high, it looks scary at first, but when you reached the ceiling, you go down, and come back again...I really had a lot of fun, I think I stayed in the gym for almost 3h without realising the time...Ian, a British guy I met at the gym called me "Spider Thao" and took pcitures when I climbed (I hope he will send them to me today ;-)). Ruben was encouraging "C'mon spider girl, you are doing great" when he was securing me ;-). I have to go to Leuven one of day to look for equipments for climbing, it is better to have your own things, anyway I have a 30% discount at their shop in Leuven, so why not? ;-)

This morning, I had difficulty in jogging, my arms and legs hurt a bit, so it took me 40min to do my usual jogging tour. I think I will change my route as of tomorrow because this morning some Maroccans harrassed me when I jogged (grrrr)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home