The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, June 16, 2005

School nite in Gent

It is a sunny, warm day, but I feel VERY lonely, cold, and gloomy. I am completely down! I rarely feel bad continually...I am on the down slope of a curve, or at the beginning of the crossroad, where I have to decide which way to go, the worse is I have to do this in ALL aspects of my life. People say everything happens for the best or for a reason, and I hope all the problems, issues that I am facing now will help me to have a better view on things. I am not good at anything, never manage to finish things I want to finish, not follow my plans...

My contract with Sony won't be renewed after July. Although I had somehow foreseen this would happen a few months ago (I do not have a lot of projects to do, and the fact that I am not busy at all...), this news is affecting me emotional somehow. Well, they can't give me a permanent contract because of budget, and according the labour law, they can't keep me on 1 year contract for another time. And yes, they are looking for other vacancies available within other department in Sony for me, but I don't have faith in that.

So, I now face a tough time a head: finding a job or go back? Of course, finding a job is in my control, but getting hired is another story. If I can't find anything, I will be unemployed (God, that stresses me!), that's mean nobody will see me for at least a few months until I figure out my ways. So, I will disappear completely for a while if I can't find anything by end of August. Everybody has their own issues, maybe even more serious, am not going to burden them with mine.

Regardless of issues, I had a good time trying my first Nepal experience in Gent: food ;-). Amazingly good, I had vegetables curry with rice, and the Nepali tea (very good, I love it although it doesn't have any taste of tea!!!). The restaurant is beautiful from the toilet to the dining room, it gives a feeling like you travel to Nepal for a short time. After that, heading to a small, cosy local bar that serves hundreds of different tastes of jenever, I tried passion, and guave taste mmmm, I can still feel my head starts turning now that I am thinking about it. Gent is definitely a cool place to hang out, beautiful old architectures, calm...Also went to this really nice bar called "limonada", it is a young type of bar, with small couches, which you can easy feel asleep in (I almost did), quite big, quite ok music and the drinks are reasonable. I had a great time, good company, funny, interesting conversations...What's else to ask for? ;-)

Was home around 1.30am in the morning, but actually slept at "not know when"...Too many things on my mind, and I am exhausted. I am a bad person, why do I have to be the one who wear the other woman's shoes?

Brian called, left a message, couldn't reach me at home...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home