The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, June 17, 2005

"Which magazine are you working for?" "No, I am a freelance photographer" :-)

Star Alliances' event is awesome!

There were about 600 people, and the food is prepared for 800, and yesterday it was Asian food. So, there were sushi, different sorts of noodle, lots of terrific snacks!! The Star Alliances' employees are in blue T-shirt and white pants, and all people who were invited there are in black and white. When the disco lights turn, the crowd looked very nice!

Anyway, it started with break dance performances, then live concert and a very cool group, played mostly 80's songs...I borrowed the DSCF828, professional camera from the office for yesterday, but forgot to to take my 512M memory stick at home. Thank God, Fox has his 256M with him, so he lended it to me. Although the point is to get pictures to promote the Star Alliances team, from time to time, I asked people if they wanted to have pictures together, for Star Alliances' website, it's a good idea, especially if there are pictures of general managers :-)).

When I was taking a break, a dancer came to me and asked if I took pictures of their performance. He asked for my business card, "not here, I'll see you later" :-)). Another guy came...

stranger: "which magazine are you working for?"
me: "no, I work on freelance basis, and today just here to take pictures for SA"
stranger: "who do you know from SA?"
me: "My friend works there"-getting annoyed a bit.
stranger: "my brother is a journalist, he works for De stardard"
me: "I don't know him"-agggrrrr

I excused and left, and when I was taking picture of the crowd, another guy just said "take a lots of pictures, ok, we are posing for you"-I thought I heard "we are paying you", but managed to calm down and asked again what he was saying... phew, misunderstanding solved. A group of guys want me to take a picture for them, a bunch of horny guys...

SA gave out prize draws, of course, mostly air-tickets to some destinations, Portugal is a new member, and they gave 4 tickets to Brazil, Lufthansa gave out tickets to any destinations that they fly to worldwide. The only airline that gave very low prize is Thai Airway, man, they proposed a good Thai dinner in a Thai restaurant :-). I was expecting Singapoor airlines to give out tickets to Singapoor or somewhere in Asia, but a romantic weekend somewhere...

I finished my job after the prize draw, when I went upstairs just to avoid the crazy crowd...The GM of Austrian (I recognised him when he gave Austrian airline's tickets to someone) came...

GM: "Are you a journalist?"
Me: "No, I am just here to take pictures, photographer of the nite"-realised , I couldn't lie this time.
GM: "I saw you walking around"
GM: "where are you from?"
Me: "VN, do you have flights to VN?" -well, stupid question, I should know it best
GM: "No, but I have my favourite VNese restaurant here in Brussels"
me: "which one?"
GM: "Little Asia"
me: "yeah, it's a nice one" -I don't like that restaurant
GM: "I am general manager of Austrian airline" -hmm, do I care?
me: "I know, I saw you"

Cristine was standing next to me, when I turned to her, she whisperred :"maybe I should leave you alone, you are having a lot of success tonite :P". But we left together :-), found Sofia and her colleagues at the bar, I knew Sofia had a fight with an Austrian before, so I asked if it was that guy, and it turned out it was him :-), then Sofia added "but, yeah, i think he has eyes for you", "well, i am definitely not interested in general manager" :-)

We went downstairs to dance a bit, and as Cris turned out to be "tired", I decided to leave with her...Off from work today, decide to take a break, work on CV, and sort out things...Damn, I am in a huge mess.


I hate myself so much...I think I just asked for extra trouble when my job situation is in jeopardy. Now I have to deal with both relationship and job!! Perfect combination when it comes to most unpleasant experiences. Now what? I am feeling guilty towards another person, and the relationship is going nowhere! Why Why Why Thao??? Maybe feeling guilty is less but the fear of getting hurt so much more is unbearable. After all, I will be the one who has to bear the pain alone, this has always been very clear.

Brian comes in july, and he still doesn't tell me exactly when, "it's a surprise". I really wonder what he has become, have to call him back tonite to give news about job, almost certain he would say "so, I am coming at the right time, then?". Brian has a good sense of humour, not a typical American, probably because he travels and read a lot...Still remember the last time we saw each other, Brian said "let's keep in touch, you are a good girl that I almost ever met, i don't want to lose you either as a friend or anything else", very sweet.

Frustration, frustration, frustration...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home