The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, April 14, 2006

Danger and Violence

A couple of days ago, in the news, there was a teen who had been stabbed by two African teenagers for his MP3 player in Central Station. Yesterday morning, I heard the kid died. The police has announced that if they find these two guys, in prison they will stay forever!

I would not be surprised if this happened in many less civilised and violence record countries (so that is no offense to anybody), but Brussels is considered to be a safe place, and if you look out on the street, there are plenty of young people wearing their hard disk players, Ipod, an MP3 really does not cost a lot nowadays, and yet a kid died.

There is no safe place, even when you think you are safe, you are not. I guess the longer we live, the sooner we have a tendency of escaping the world. Take a look of our lives, we are living in a state of constantly fighting (against the odd?), fight for jobs in order to earn money to eat, to drink, to go out, to entertain, to feed family, fight to take holidays, fight to keep our morality, fight to defense ourselves... and so forth. The truth is even when you try to keep yourself fit, it is in order for you to be able to fight better and to win. We have to be on the constant alert, never know what can happen.

To be honest, news like that depresses me, we think that putting these "bad guys" into prison can bring peace, but not. Imagin how the parents of that kid feel...I really not mind to be a remote place right now, somewhere in Mongolia maybe, working hard, and even if there are still danger, am sure it is another kind of danger. And if I die in it, I am sure I will be happier than having a guy stabbing me for my MP3.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Sometimes i feel the city is filled with too much sadness. How can we not know how to differentiate what is real and what is not? Sad to hear about the boy too.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Blogger Vagabonder said…

    For me, it is not sadness but craziness of people. Reality sucks big time, that's why people refuse to see it.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Chen said…

    When I was in Brussel few years back,
    one African guy attempted to snatch my friend's camera..

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Vagabonder said…

    Yeah, unfortunately,there are many bad African as good ones. These things happen in all countries

     

Post a Comment

<< Home