The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, April 20, 2007

Successful and rich?

I have recently forgotten about things, and can hardly concentrate. There are plenty of stuffs floating in my brain at the same time, and they are all unimportant ;-). I mean like this thought of how to define a person is "successful" or "rich".

For most people, "successful" can be that you have a high position job, a big fat house, getting a lot of benefits, your wife or husband loves you (and you love 'em), you have a super kid, your family live comfortably...blablabla. But nowadays, not many people think of buying a house or getting sh*t load of money (it never is enough anyway). A couple of my friends are pretty much happy with just having a small apartment, have enough money to go home visit their friends, family, travelling or they can entertain themselves with a couple of expensive buys. I was raised to believe that no matter I must have a house, my uncle bought this house when he was 30, or my aunt and her husband in Canada also have a house. Things have changed, darling (so I said to myself a lot of times). I don't want to have a house (or to be honest if I don't have to feed myself or socially obligated, I don't want to work ;-)) or maybe I just want a job that allows me to get money, go travelling for a couple of months, then come back, work for a couple months, then go...This life pattern will not leave me time to live in my house anyway. So, my personal definition of successful is clearly not having a high position job, but a job to help me doing something else I love, not a big fat house, but a place to go home for, and that I could see plenty of amazing places, doing a lot of super cool stuffs, seeing, meeting different people. Yeah, if that would happen, my life is complete, so I will die having no regrets ;-). Wow, I don't even need a husband to be successful ;-)

What about being rich then? It is not only about money. I mean if we have friends who care, who does make a big deal out of things, what matter is if they need you, you will be there, and vice versa. I notice the older I get, I don't want to have a lot of friends, but friends who I feel good to be with, you don't just be friends with anybody you meet for a couple of times, it requires trust, and many other important factors like in any relationship we know. Life is too short to try to please everybody, sometimes, we should be easy and cool. In that way, I think I am rich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home