The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Seasonal soup- Curried Pumpkin soup


Autumn is the hunting season, there is a vast offer of game, wild mushrooms...A typical meal in traditional restaurant is really about game dish accompanied with smashed chestnut and raspberry sauce or oven baked apples and croquettes. But for me, I love this season (apart from the beautiful and romantic scene of the leaves falling from their trees at the beginning) for pumpkin ;-). In the past, my grandmon used to boil pumpkin (not until it is too soft ofc),we ate it like that, and drink the boiled pumpkin stock. Or my mom used to make a kind of dessert with coconut mild and sticky rice, this is a much better way of cooking this fruit. I was not a fan of pumpkin dishes ;-). However, like making soups very much, so here comes the curried pumpkin soup. Normally, it goes very well with a bit of sour cream and a bit of parsley on the top, but I can't eat parsley (it is one of the only herb that I can't stand the smell or the taste of it), so green onion or chives does the job. It tastes fantastic, perfect for a cold evening ;-).

2 Comments:

  • At 2:48 AM, Blogger VanPham said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 3:01 AM, Blogger VanPham said…

    A pumpkin soup with curry spice(?) and sour cream, What a fabulous dish. I want to try!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home