The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stories...

A couple of weeks ago, I finally found "Touching the Void" DVD, it was one of the movie that was not available on big screen a few years ago when it came out. Although, the movie relates to accident in climbing, mountaineering and companionship/partnership, I think it is more than that. Having read the book some time ago, but watching the movie was even more moving. Many mountaineer people probably focus on the fact that one cut the robe when your partner was hanging on the other end to save your own life, but me, when I read and watched the movie, I actually think how lucky the "unlucky" guy was for having to push himself through hardship, it is just amazing how his personality faced the challenge of nature, how he completed a more than "mission impossible", how he lived when he knew that he would die. I would have loved to be able to know how far I could go to fight for survival.

Another movie that made me think a lot recently was "The Kite runner". The book was super, and I was quite happy that Marc Foster didn't change the story. While watching it, I wondered how many stories like those or worse have actually been told? because in order to tell a story, you have to live it, and stay a live to tell it or at the very least your story is written down, so your children can tell it. But even if it is written down, and is told by your children, will it still be the same without much adding and taking away the parts that they don't want people know? Yeah, we don't often realise or remember how much stories matter or that they can change people's lives. It has been a long time since I read and saw a story about loyalty in friendship, in what is considered good, and the things we should not cowardly do.

People are too selfish and greedy nowadays to take these things into consideration when they make a decision. Greed kills our soul, the things we believe in should not harm another being.

And you, do you have a story to tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home