The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chuc Mung Nam Moi ;-)


The Ox year is here. (Re. picture with di Oanh va Trang)

Last Sat we went to a party in downtown Vancouver, there were about 600 Vnese there. I even met my neighbour in VN who moved to Vancouver 20 years ago. We had a lot of fun (and a lot of foods). The next day I even received my red envelop with lucky money, and wishes like "wishing you next year to find your love or finding a husband..." ;-) (yeah yeah, that's right, you got the picture ;-))


We continue eating during the next couple of days, too. Since the Vnese community is big here, most of the things we do during Tet were kept. Things like going to pagoda at mid night of the last day of the old year, making offers to the ancestors, and the gods, eating rice cakes...and it's even greater if we have a big family around us, then everybody meets, talk, and have fun. I miss that.


Anyway, at the end note, I would like to wish everyone a good Ox year, may the trouble of last year go away, but happiness and prosperity!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home