The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, January 19, 2009

Small update from Vancouver







After three years of none real travels, I have welcomed 2009 with my first trip to North America, destination Vancouver. As said, haven't been travelled for some time, I was strangly a bit nervous about the trip, felt a bit dizzy before getting my flight from Brussels to Amsterdam. However, after that things just got a bit better and I found my travel enjoyment quickly when I was on the plane from Amsterdam to Vancouver. I didn't know how much I missed the feeling lifted when a plane taking off, it was like your whole body (and I felt that even from my guts) was suddenly lifted in the air.

From the plane, I could see the beautiful Canadian rockies covered in snow. Vancouver is beautiful, it is still wild and green. On Saturday, I went to visit the Aquarium Vancouver, I was very much impressed, it is huge. There are more than 9000 types of fishes, sharks, sea otters, sealions...etc. The Aquarium locates in Stanley Park, a huge forest park that you can walk along the seaside or into the wild. Yesterday, went to see the suspended bridge that links the Capilano canyon, owned by George Mackey. The view is great and pretty romantic ;-). On the way back, we dropped by Gastown to see the steam clock that weighs about 2 tons.

Next post will be with my first snowboard adventures!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home