The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Little white lies...

Everybody lies in their daily life. Some are just lying because they don't want to hurt the person they love, some lie just for their own's sake. What if it becomes a habit? or because we have come up with too many lies that we can't go back to the truth? How many are willing to reveal even though the truth can be hurtful? How many are willing to live lie after lie?

It is easier for us to lie now as we have more means to communicate: emails, phone...I can always feel it when someone lies, it is easy to see that they don't feel comfortable (I love it when someone tries to explain about something that usually they don't really have to unless being asked!!! ;-). I never dig deeper if it is just a little white lie, maybe it is a mistake but I just not want to make the person in front of me feeling more uncomfortable than they already are (for lying).

People say when a person lies, they will just keep on lying. No doubt about that. However, we should also learn to forgive, and have faith in others. How can people stop lying if they come to confess to us and we turn them down? Don't forget that each of us might lie one in a while eventhough it is just unharmful lie. After all, it is better to live in trust than in dishonesty. I am glad that I was raised in the love of my grandparents and mom, they gave me so much love that a love from a father was not much needed. Then, there are my aunt, uncle...of course none of them are rather perfect, they also have their dark sides, and we are not a perfect family but when it comes to family, we love and support each other. My family believes in good will and faith, my sisters and I were encouraged most of the time in telling the truth.

I remembered when I was in early highschool, and found myself short-sighted. I didn't dare to tell my mom because first of all, I was afraid that grandfather would be mad, he used to tell me not to read when there was not enough light, and it was because I didn't want to wear glasses (glasses are for nerds-I thought;-)) So, my grades were going down because I couldn't see well. When I received the transcript, I cried so much thinking mom would not be happy, she worked hard...I usually wrote her a long letter telling her how sorry I was, left it on table near her bed together with the transcript, but still didn't say to her that I was short sighted, and what I needed was a pair of glasses ;-)). Of course, my mom figured out later that I couldn't see when I watched the Chinese TV serie " Journey to the West", and my grandfather didn't say anything but "why didn't you tell us earlier that you couldn't see?" and turned to my mom " go and buy her a good pair of glasses immediately, I don't want to see my niece to carry horrible thick glasses later"

It is difficult to gain trust again after we lie, but we must try to tell the truth. After all, if a person really loves you, they will have to forgive regardless how serious mistakes are because there will be so many things that they must go through together in life. If someone is unable to forgive, then they are not the right person but first, we have to let them see we are not perfect, we have weaknesses, and what we need is love rather than hours of whining ;-).

Talking is always easy. I know I would be upset, disappointed when someone lie but I will not lose faith in someone who comes to me : "look, I regret that I did that, I know I hurt you, I am so sorry but I insist that you help me to get through". It is sad that people give up so easy when they ask for support and help, after all if you show a bit of will, people might be there for you.

One should always remember "paper can never cover the fire"-sooner or later the truth is unwrapped no matter how good we cover it. So, it is better to be perceived as a honest, straight-forward person than a liar.

Anyway, ever feel like you are in party, surrounding by friends, good friends, people who loves and cares for you but still feel like something is missed? You are distracted by thoughts, and constantly, then you feel a need of talking to someone you care for? What if you go and try to reach for that person, and that certain person is there? will it be fate? What if you don't care what is right or wrong but your own happiness?

I am exhausted, have to get some rest. Bored at work today, home from the cinema, we saw " In Good company", it was a sweet comedy with Denis Quaid...I still need to watch the first two sequels of Star War :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home