The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Consolidation of a broken heart

Dealing with hypotension is much easier than dealing with your own broken heart.

One of the famous philosopher explains when we fall in love, we are unconciously looking for a "will to life"-meaning a reproduction of our genes. That is to explain why tall women can fall in love with short men, why we usually attract to people who have either physical features or character different from us. Anything that is ugly or imperfect can't persist and we want our next generation has a better heigh for instance. Therefore, when someone does not fall for us, it is because the features aren't matched, not it is because we are this or that...

This morning when my uncle told me one of his workers' daughter is diagnosed with diabetes when she was born (she is only two years old now), and he can't stop working because he won't have any money for her medical care. Last week the older daughter of the same person was burnt because she put her hand on the electricity cook. News are all over the internet that Kylie Minogle is dealing with breast cancer, lots of people are on her side. How many of us think of normal people with same problems? How many women are with cancer, do they all get the same attention. It is frustration, at least this famous person has money to get cured, what about the two years old child who might live her life with sickness....

When I look around me, there are many serious problems, my problems seem to be so small and unimportant. Why are we making our lives more complicated than it already is? It should be simple, so no more drama!

Steven took me to a bar called the MONK yesterday, it is a bit smoky but full of "alternative" flemish people, people with their liberal thinking, writers...etc. He said "because you like Flemish, so here we are". He was so keen on correcting me with Dutch words, then said "I thought you were Flemish when I heard you", it is a cute, sweet lie I think. We talked for hours, about everything and nothing. When I left, he suddenly asked "Are you sad?". I wondered if my thoughts, worries are displaying all over my face. I replied that I was just occupying. But still this morning, he sent me a text to ask if I am ok. It is nice to feel again that someone cares...

There is something funny when you go out with a guy who is younger than you because everything you want to do, they want to help and involved but at the same time want to make it clear "I know what I am doing"...Maybe they know, maybe they do not but it's kinda "irritated excitement".

Uncle is moving out end of June, he is going to live in his new place near the EU commission, and Sudhir already asked him if he could rent that floor, which means we will be neighbour.

Oh yeah, and today a job agent called me for a market research vacancy in Antwerpen as well ;-), future is bright.

Life is short, and we have to stay in the game because there are so many great things to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home