The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, May 14, 2005

My LOVER is an Asian :-)

When I mentioned Pls St Gery, Steven also didn't know the name of the place because it's French :-). so, we agreed to meet in front of the Stock house, i laughed when his sms said " I will be reading my newspaper, and wearing a pink flower on my shirt". Steven is an easy going, funny, wild but very kind guy.

I saw him talking to a girl from far away when I arrived in front of La Bourse, when he saw me "here she is, my friend", and the girl turned out to be probably on medication, drug or alcoholic (she smelled alcohol). She turned to me, then looked at Steven "oh, so this is your friend, an Asian thing, so beautiful", she spoke very good English with American accent. Then, she said "My friend didn't come, we were supposed to meet at 6pm, and he didn't come, can I stay with you?", I said "of course you can stay with us". I think she hardly know anything, we spoke a bit, she was from Domican Republic, Steven was very attentive and caring, he asked where she lived, and if she still knew the way to get home or if we should bring her home.

She didn't want to go home, so I asked if there was anything she needed from me, she wanted a cigarrette. Unfortunately, this was the only thing we both didn't have, she said "you don't want to be with me, you just want to be with each other now, so I am gonna cross the street and be with my friend, I will smoke a joint with them". So, we kissed good bye, but she was just about to cross the street while all the cars were passing by. So, we dragged her, and told her that we would cross the street together because we would go to the other side of the Stock house anyway. On the way, she told me "You are so nice, I just love Asian people, my LOVER is an Asian" :-))) She hugged me, and Steven, then left when we were on the other side...

Steven said it is sad to see her like that because she was telling him that she had two moms, and her parents just moved from the US, she studied Arts...but is on medication for mental problems. It really broke my heart, she was such a sweet girl and didn't seem to be having any mental illness, maybe family affairs.

We went to Zebra for a tea like we both said :-), and Steven is such a cool, funny guy, I wonder if all Flemish are like that? :-), he had been in Australia, Malaysia, South America, Singapoor.... He is from Denderleeuw, and when I asked what are the highlights there, he laughed "to be honest with you, we are famous for animal treatment, we have a big factory there to do that".

He is a young guy with full of dreams, lots of compassion for live, and very upset about the world :-). He is studying to get his second diploma in jounalism, wanna become a field journalist, he definitely has an adventurer blood, "I am no rich kid, everything I do is everything I earn, I hate people complaining about having their kids crying., that's their choice, they want it, so stop complaining".

He said he hoped to see me again. I am finding myself going out with a cool student who is younger than me, and they said students are clever :-).

But I am missing someone else...

Anyway, I joined uncle and his friend at the Oriental restaurant called "Les Milles et Une Nuit", it has a stunning decoration.

We had red wines "Cuvee de desert", it is very fruity and subtil, very good wine actually. Couscous was on the menu, I took Couscous maison with was served with lamb, merguez, brochette. Not bad, especially the couscous smelled very fresh, and I had lots of chickpeas, love them :-)

After that, my uncle friend insisted that I tried the desserts (not into that, have to say) but since i was a little lady there, everyone paid attention to me :-), I tried a sort of crunchy amande paste that was served with ice-cream and strawberries, and menthe tea of course.

Just a note on my uncle old friend, uncle Hieu, he is older than my uncle, has been living here for very long, love Belgium, and criticizes Vn a lot, but his knowledge is very wide. When he was young, he did a lot of cool stuffs like living in South of France for two years without having a house, but just travelling along, he worked for a week, then travelled for 7 weeks :-), he still goes camping very year, I like him. He always have stories to tell. When we were talking about smoking sisha, he told me next time he sees me or he will give my uncle to give me a waterpipe from Tunisia, he has a Tunisian friend, so he will ask his friend to buy me one from Tunisia :-). It will be cool to have waterpipe sisha, and then gather friends to have a magic night :-).

It is nice to be in the company of interesting people, having good food, good drinks...What's else can one ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home