The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Belgian nite in Belga

I was almost dead on Tuesday nite when Sofia called me at 11.30pm from the train station. Luc lost his suitcase, and the key to their home was in it, so I told them to come to my place to stay over. The first floor was empty, so they stayed there. Apparently, their holiday was nice but very wet.

Anyway, tonite Ben has his basket ball nite, so he can't join us for the Belgian nite, which we will just eat lots of fries and drink lots of beers ;-)). BTW, potatoes are expensive in VN!!! It's amazing how many sauces Belgians have for fries: samurai, pili pili, provencal..etc. There are only two places in Brussels where you can enjoy good Belgian fries: the Flagey frit kot and Maison Antoine (now I am writing this, I forget the name of the place ;-)). The good thing about Belgian fries is that the fries are big but yet still crunchy! My mouth is already watering when I think of the fries with hot samurai sauce MMMM.

Steven, the flemish guy I met last Saturday smsed me this morning "Hi Thao, stupid me didn't ask for your number last Saturday. Anyway, wanna go for a tea tomorrow? Enjoy the sun! Steven the guy who gave the name of wangshae a whole new meaning!". Well, i didn't want to give out my gsm number, that's how the trouble usually begins.

But obviously someone else did that for me!! Anyway, that was a funny text I thought ;-), and ask me out for a tea ;-)). So, I agreed to meet him tomorrow for a tea, and when I asked where he told me he is flexible, so I can choose the place and the time. That's probably how "journalist to become" behaves, he is quite interesting, so it will probably be fun to see him. So, a date on Friday, then? ;-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home