The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Old flame

This morning on the way to school, I ran into Lies. It has been 3 to 4 years that we met again since the last time we spoke.

It was an awkward situation, probably because neither of us has prepared for this. "Why are you taking the subway?" was the first question that I asked him :-), "ma voiture es en panne, alors je prends le metro, evite le bouchon"... (still prefer speaking French apparently). "Are you still going back to visit your mom in Paris from time to time?"- to be honest, I don't remember if it was Paris that his mom lives or it was a something else. "How are you, Thao?, you just disappeared!, I thought you left Belgium. You have changed..."

Well, Lies is someone I knew/saw/dated when I was doing my internship in the Bank of NY, Brussels, he was working there and gave me a training. I didn't really remember what went wrong, I think he was too fast, and probably too much that after a few months, I freaked out, so I told him it was not working for me and sort of disappeared...

Personally, it was quite funny to see someone you have not seen for years, especially when you had a crush on him before. Suddenly the same person appears in front of you, you realise that it was the right thing you did because you definitely did not love him.

Maybe he is right, I have changed, it's all different the way I look at things now, maybe also because I am more mature now? While when we were going out together, I was still student?

He doesn't change much though, maybe a little calmer than before, but still cute, a bit older...

Of course, he said he would give me a call (which I hope he do not have my current number, I do not want to go back to the past, it is better that when things go to let go).

Does this have to do with destiny? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home