The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, January 30, 2006

Tet weekend

Weekend was Tet, so you can imagin how much foods I have destroyed until now ;-). On Saturday, I made a small ceremony for my grandpa (yeah, it's not like I have to, but I usually remember him when New Year comes, so I made some of his most favourite dishes and I hope he was there ), and in the evening I went to the temple.

This year, the temple was full with Belgians ;-), it's funny to see how many white people sitting together with Vietnamese to chant Buddhism book.

Around mid-night, me and my uncle joined the Vnese mafia to eat (well, of course the New Year Eve was already passed, it was at 6pm here), and eat, and eat ;-). There were a lot of foods that wives of uncle's friends made, typical Vnese for New Year: banh chung, banh tet, thit kho, cu kieu...etc. They probably have been cooking a lot to eat for several days, and for a lot of people ;-). I think the dinner stopped at 4 am Sunday morning or something, and I was invited for lunch on Sunday again. Again a lot of foods, also sweets.

Yesterday evening, I had some friends over to eat, many of them asked for nems, and Vnese foods since Xmas day I made them eat cheese (raclette) ;-).

This Dog year is my sister's year, well she has changed a lot, is even more mature, maybe in certain sense and view re. life, she is more mature than me. Mom went out with friends, so I could able to talk to her, but I talked to grandmom, and had fun because after I told her what we would do on New Year, at the end she asked me "so, what you guys do for New Year?" ;-)). She has hearing problems, but is very healthy and still practice Taichi. We can't ask for more.

Looking forward to Dog Year, hopefully it will be brighter that the last year.

Manu suggested my Tet resolution should be learning how to swim, I couldn't agree more since it is achievable ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home