The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Cold Soba and Fried Udon


Have been lucky to go eating in this Japanese restaurant twice this week. The first one was at lunch time, where they offer lunch boxes, and yesterday for dinner. We ordered a couple of dishes like the Sanma-grilled Japanese fish (apparently it is Japanese fish, but the taste is not that different from Sardine though), sashimi, soba cold noodles, and udon.

This place was full both at noon and evening (both of the time I was there), it is not a big place, but when you see plenty of Japanese men in suit eating, drinking there, it is surely a good sign ;-). In fact the place looks like those restaurants that you see in some old Japanese movie, the way it is designed I meant.

Of all Japanese restaurants I have been (not that I have been to many of them), this one is the coolest I think.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Chen said…

    cold noodles ? I have eaten that before but I prefered hot noodles ;)

     
  • At 9:21 AM, Blogger Vagabonder said…

    I like noodle soups the most

     

Post a Comment

<< Home