The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, February 19, 2007

Carnaval in Aalst


I joined friends for Aalst Carnaval yesterday, and I think next year I am going again ;-). It is so strange that there are only two regions in

Belgium that celebrate Carnaval. When we were walking in Brussels, people looked at us as if we were some crazy people coming from another planet.

It was a big and very long parade, I was very much impressed with the efforts they put into costume, and a big congrats to the guys ;-), they were so good in being women hehehehe, some even have beautiful legs ( a bit hairy though but that what shavers for ;-)). We drank (and got drunk), we danced, and some people even tempted to stay until the next morning with the locals (next year we will take Monday off, it is better). I love the festival, I love the music (very old Dutch songs), I love seeing guys dressing like women ;-) ( and I love seeing them being harrassed by us ;-))) and I love the ambiance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home