The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, December 07, 2007

Museum of comic strip



I have been in Belgium long enough but have ever been to this famous museum ;-). After all, Belgium is known for, apart from their watering mouth chocolates and their amazing beers, their comic strips. It is all about arts and teamwork, a person who came up with an idea, a person who starts drawing, and one person who writes, and then one person who put everything together, not to mention the support team around them like in any other businesses.
It was a pleasure to visit, I've got a handful of info about space since a lot of comics related to the first man on the moon...etc. But what I loved the most was I could see how the comic had developped over the year, not only the different technics in arts like aquarel, pencils, acrylics...,that affected the story, the personage... but also the effects of society to the stories, for example, humour, erotism..etc.
Of course, many stories about how Tintin and his Snowy were born or the Schrumpf ;-). I still remember as a kid I used to be completely crazy about the Schrumpf and their mushrooms. While in VN, comic was only children books, in Belgium (and I guess elsewhere), adults and children are mad about them.
Anyway, here are pictures of the time machine and Thao, the capitain ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home