The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

London

As mentioned earlier, we set out for London last weekend. Since it was a long weekend (1st of May is a bank holiday in Belgium), we left around 6pm after work and headed to Calais to get the ferry to Dover, and then drove all the way to Peterborough. We arrived at Peterborough quite late, had some dinner, went to bed. The next day, took a coach to London (about 2h).
London is such a nice city, a lot of parks, where you can sit or lay down enjoying the sun (luckily we had very good weather). With the weak pound, it does not seem to be as expensive as people describe earlier. Unfortunately, we did not spend a lot of time to shop ;-(, I would have loved to check out some shoes and dresses there. They look really nice behind the shops' windows. I think I have to have to London trip dedicated for shopping! London is of course big, plus there are plenty of things to see and to do, so two days and one night was really not enough. I would have loved to go to a comedy musical such as The Phantom of the Opera, that I liked so much...will be for next time I guess.
We, fortunately decided to go to Greenwich, which was very interesting. I wonder where were all those genius in our time go?

1 Comments:

  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger Lydia said…

    London is a beautiful city. We are so lucky to live so close to the world cities of London and Paris. And then Brussels is a world in itself too, full of secrets and surprises.

    I'm off to London next month, already thinking about where I should go shopping...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home