The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, July 07, 2005

I want to tell the whole world to f*ck off!!!!

It's Thursday today, and I am off from work.

Lately I have many travel dreams, mostly in places I have never been (wondered if they exist), do things I have ever done, don't know why, probably too much into adverture type of books, and soon "having long term vacation" :-) or I just want to escape to somewhere where nobody can find me :-)

I hate my f*cking job, I really really hate it. I think if I stay doing the same thing longer, my blog will soon turn into "I hate my job" blog :-). The job itself is nice but the way i have to handle it sucks shit! So, yeah, a part of my dream came true: no more waking early in the morning, rushing for work, no more long hour commuting, no more horrible lunch in terrible cantine...another part of my dream doesn't come true, find a job that allows me travel from one place to the other.

The Employee Satisfaction survey results very bad, so now they are trying to make us happy. In our team, our Kiwi manager came up with the Padre hour (original used in the army where soldiers can go to a priest and complain about his superior as during war time, they have to follow orders, no time to complain-that was why they had the Padre hour). We are supposed to say what expect from the company, what we want to change, why do we come to work for Sony...etc, and the thing we discussed would be kept confidential. Yeah, confidential, my ass!!!

I didn't just take a day off, I took it to actively look for jobs. Although I believe if a job is meant for me, it will be for me, but that doesn't mean I wait for it to come, do I? :-). After being registered to "i dont know how many agencies and interim"..Vendior, Vera, Actief, Creft, Ranstad, Vivaldi...and being interviewed... "what are you looking for?", "what are your strengths and weaknesses?", " do you speak French?, then goes directly, "vous parlez un peu du francais?", I am exhausted, has been out since 9am in the morning. There are agencies who have very nice people, but there are also those who are not helpful and just want to wipe you out as soon as they can. Well, keep calm, Thao!!!

I cursed a lot today, I hope some of my good deeds will help to avoid having my tongue to be cut off. Anyway, tomorrow is a new day, and I promise I won't curse again. I am just so f$cking frustrated today, ya know!

Katherine told me yesterday that I have friends from over the place, and indeed this is the one thing that I feel lucky about and cherish it everyday. It is important to keep in touch with friends because they are those who keep on reminding me of who I am, I am ME, more than a Sony employee! Job search process gives a lot of frustrations, and without friends i will easily lose my confidence, so far, everybody gives me strengths, especially from the people I work with, they mean well.

Hic hic, I deserve a hot chocolate cup and Swedish candies now...BTW, have you heard London was attacked by terrorists? and nobody attacks Sony? :-) Nah, just kidding, I already spitted at a Sony center when I passed by hehehehe

Well, to be honest, I still love Sony, even though it seems like we are not compatible :-).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home