The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Thursday, July 28, 2005

THEE interview

After a cup of anti-nervousness tea, which I bought from Germany, I was calmer and more relax, in other word ready for the interview. Have my long skirt and white shirt ironed perfectly, printed out another four copies of my CVs (just in case there are more than one interviewers :-)), took a long bath with anti-stress bath gel, had a energetic facial mask...Hmm, I could say that I was prepared, no? :-). No, I chose a beige colour trousers nstead of the long skirt :-)

No, seriously, I surfed the whole morning to get information about the airline, what they do, read again the job description, tried to fit my experiences into it. Oh, well, companies are just interested in what I can offer them, not what will benefit me...Try to answer typical interview questions, looking at myself in the mirror, I have to project my confidence, no? So, I am cool, calm, and not desperate for job :-)

I cancelled lunch with the girls because of the interview, and finally I went there. The building was a bit further away from the airport, so after almost 1h and 30min of transport, I arrived. Building-ok, offices-small, but neat-ok, a girl came to take me to another room, then there were three taiwanese guys came (each of them had a copy of my cover letter and CV). They look very SERIOUS, and not smiling, and one guy, literally speaking, was just staring at me the whole interview, they didn't look at me into the eyes, fine by me, very Asian, i felt like I was being interviewed for a job in VN.

I sat like I was in a trial with three SERIOUS judges :-). Well, a few typical interview questions, and the guys didn't speak very good English. I did fine, I think, then suddenly nobody said anything, so i thought it was time for me to shoot MY questions. "So, your tagline is "Just relax, and feel at home" meaning you want your passengers to feel like family and comfortable, that's more or less your mission statement for passengers air service, what's about your cargo business? what is the mission statement?", "hmm, very good question..." I could feel them not comfortable at all, tried to answer my question but hardly to the point..."what are your major cargo markets?", "what is the different between CCM, AMS?"...I did my homework, guys!!!

The job is about monitoring cargo sales in Europe, and reporting to headquarter in Taipei, so I really wanted to know what they exactly do, that's why all the questions...

They told me they would come back to me next week, i don't think I will get the job although I feel ok about it. I didn't have this "feeling of clicking", you know like you meet people, there are some, you feel immediate connection, but for some, it was just a meeting...For this job, I didn't feel it much (maybe I have not covered from my break up with Sony? :-)), plus having to commute long hour and working in shift, I don't really feel motivated...

But it was an unsual interview, quite interesting, and well, I can always learn from interview for the next one, no? :-)

BTW, Sudhir is back from India, he smsed me this morning to ask if i was in Brussels, I had the envy of saying I was in VN, but didn't. So he said "see you tonight". Man, i think he was not upset at all, and things seem to be fine :-). The more I think about it, the more I think I am cursed, I will never be completely happy with my private life, I guess I broke a lot of women's hearts in my previous life to have mine broken this time...Hmm, stay positive, Thao...yeah yeah yeah, whatever!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home