The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, August 26, 2005

Changes

Well, I have been quite disappointed about the way the society is nowadays, maybe it doesn't change much, maybe I am the one who change? I know I changed a lot last couple of years, the way I see life, the way I expect from people, the way I want my future to be, the way I see the world, the way I love...

Friends think I do not love my country, but it is not true, I LOVE my country, so much that I expect a lot from it. I love my country but I am open to see its weaknesses, and I am not afraid to admit what is bad, I don't like to hide anything that is rotten, for me it is the way to improve. I guess even for myself, I know I am bad in reading maps, or I do not have a lot of knowledge regarding geography, but I learn by accepting that I do not know.

There is a hierachy in society of VN, meaning when you have a car, you have to have a driver, and the driver can not sit at the same table at you do. I do not like that. When I went with my uncle's friend, who came back to work in VN, married to a woman at my age, he had a driver, and when we stopped to have breakfast, the driver was not allow to come and eat with us...he stayed in the car waiting. My uncle's friend did fishing, there was a guy who put the worm on the hook for him, when he got a fish, the same person would take the fish..basically, he did not have to do ANYTHING. He is also in construction area, and is a connection between foreign companies and VN... of course he is a nice person to me and all because I am the niece of his best friend, and he will do anything to help me if I decide to stay. But it just bothers me about the way of one person is different from the other. Me, being treated differently compare to the Europeans (I mean when I went to townhall for example, there is one for US, and other Europeans, but other countries are in different counter), I understand how one could feel...

Unfortunately, that is not the only case, apparently, it has been like this with ALL people who are rich, and have money. Private drivers, house keepers..are not the same level!! And by mean rich, i mean really rich...They have like million of Euro on their account, I do not want to mention about Vietnamese dong even.

Anyway, this is just one frustration ;-). I asked mom about the cafe, and she told me my friend is expecting me to come back and take care of it. By that she meant he is waiting for me. My youngest uncle and mom told me that he refused to marry a girl that his family wanted him to, and I could be the reason. This is NEW, I think mom and uncle are making silly idea, we have been bestfriends since we were in highschool. Besides, I have never given him any ideas that i am interested in marrying.

I just want to let things go the way it should, I can think of many reasons for a couple not to be together, but if they love each other, they are ready to take any risks, and if the risk is a struggling lifetime, for me I would willingly accept. Well, it is true that when you love someone, you don't have to spend your life with them, you just think of them waking up with the wrong person but at the same time, you think they will finally find happiness, and that is enough. And maybe it is also true what my friend says one person can have many soulmates although I guess there might be no soulmate, just chemical factors that you create around yourself with interest, love, and passion...

Anyway, I am going to check out the DVDs for Fox now, he wants a couple of TV series, Manu also sent me an sms to ask if I am having fun, and he is bored in Brussels without me to talk to. I supposed he would be ok soon.

There are a couple of places where you can climb here, I am going to check them out tomorrow ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home