The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Celibataire ou marie?

Bad news: I lost my wallet!

I realised that I didn't have it this morning when I was about to do some errands for my trip. I had to go to the police, had all the necessaries done. Apparently there are a lot of people losing things every day, when I was at the police station, there were three other persons lost the wallets (or someone picked them). They were so stressed and one old lady lost her wallet but there was only money in it, and since she didn't lose her papers, they couldn't do much for her...The police asked questions about the whole situation, and it was kinda cool to be able to say "non, non je suis celibataire" when they asked whether I am single or married :-)

Of course my uncle gave me a hard time on the phone, he can't imagin why that could happen (although I didn't tell him that I was drunk :-)). I don't know why I am so calm about it, well nothing much to do about it, not that I have an accident or something, could have been worse. But I always feel bad about being so drunk, it's a bit irresponsible and when you are drunk, you can easily do things you regret (although that has ever happened to me, especially when it comes to feeling and love, it is better to keep the head clear). Having said that, it doesn't mean that there is no temptation, depending on how we control ourselves and the atmosphere we create around us, I think.

Manu asked me about the drawing, he told me that the drawings are very "abstract" :-) (what he actually meant was bad drawing :-)). He brought a box of chocolate for my mom, I told him I can not accept it but he left it here anyway. Talking about that, I will buy two kg of cherries for my grandmom, she loves them...I hope I could still find them now since the season finished.

I bought two big bottles of Leffe, 1 Duvel, 2 packs of Kriek-Mort Subite (I can wait to translate the name to my uncle :-)) , 2 bottles of champagnes for my uncle in VN, chocolates for neighbours, candies for the kids...House cleaning products for mom (she always tells me to bring them, apparently they are better), the rest mostly from other people who want to send gifts to their families in VN. I don't know how many kg I can bring, still have to check the ticket...Well, if not I just leave chocolates for my sister.

Still have to go buy some more stuffs, and have to go to the commune on Monday to make sure papers are in order...I can already imagin the face of the girl at the bank when she sees me on Monday for my bank card :-)).

I think my stomach is still sick...I was so surprised to see Manu at the door this afternoon, he wanted to check if I am ok. Hmm, he definitely likes me or are there any mixed signals? ::-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home