The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Island

Of all the movies I have seen recently "Mr and Mrs Smith", "Wedding Crashers", "The Island" has been the most interesting one. I am not saying that the movie was great but the philosophy, the subject that it contains is among many controversial views I am interested in (death penalty is again one of them).

How far are we going to save our lives, to live for ever? Will we create clones to have subtitute organes or babies? I thought it was just one of next stage that we are going to, but it involves many issues, and the most important one is "the clones' right". After all, they are copies of us, another human form. But will we KILL to LIVE?

If the answer is yes, I will definitely against all activities relating to cloning. I rather die than having someone killed, so I can live (whether it is in a vegetative form or else). Aging, sickness, able to conceive or not and dying are natural steps that human has to face once. You will laugh and say I am superstitious but I believe what you get is really because of what you have done. Yes, scientists have gone very far in researching ways to cure diseases, sickness and I agree that cloning is the next big thing but I am not in favour of creating clones to cure or help to have a baby and presume that the clone has no feeling, A PRODUCT, so we can eliminate them afterwards.

Life would not be so exciting for me if I know I do not have to do good to have an easy, non-suffering death or wonder whether I will be able to have a baby or I do not have to die, so maybe I can just be as nasty as I want to.

Well, if that is the case, what happen to the human's heart and love? If we can change our hearts, can we also change love, too? :-))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home