The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, August 19, 2005

MBA in International Hotel Management

Phew, just finished shopping and cleaning the place a bit, guys are coming over for dinner tonite since the weather is not so good, it's nice to stay in and have them over. Dinner is nem with rice noodles, and watermelon (or cheese cake :-)??) for dessert :-), nothing special.

The weather in Belgium is like a person in love, rainy and then suddenly hot and sunny...Many people complain about it, but I sometimes enjoy it. It likes the weather of VN in rainy season, tropical rain...

Anyway, how long will it take one to decide what he or she wants? I hope it didn't take me long...I decided to do a master in Hotel management. It is funny when I sent my application with my degree, transcript, and personal essay explaining on why I want to do it, what are my motivations...etc. I think about it a lot, I have had a general BBA from Wales university, and I don't think I want to do another general MBA, I want to have a specific subject that I like, so it goes from Finance, Marketing, HR, PR, lobbying, EU institutions...And the list goes on, none of that gives a punch. What I really wanted was to become a chef and have my own restaurant, somthing cool, and a bit arty...But I also don't want just a to be a cook, just cook, I want to travel as well...

So, I found this program, I realised that it is what I want to do or at least this is the next step of my CAREER :-)). The dean replied to me that he would send me all the neccessary papers, and all for academic year 2005-2006, apparently I have a good background and a good student :-) although he will have to tailor made a program for me because of my background, I need some courses related to Hotel studies. Anyway, looking forward to the second year because it will be a 1 year internship...sound like fun!!!

Well, the older you get, you less chance you want to study (pls ignore what I just said :-)), so I am lucky that I am still young. Next year, will be tough because of studying and I will have to find a part time job in the evening to support my "going out" expenses :-), almost broke after tuition.

Manu said to book the train ticket to Paris once, I just need to let him know when I am back, he will come to pick me up in Paris. I don't know if I should do that...it is a bit strange if I let him pick me up in Paris although he said it is ok, he doesn't have to pay gaz since it is a company car, and I am his favourite friend (lately I have been a little confused about this word, don't know what it really means).

Gotta go, still have to fry the nem...long day today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home