The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Hat mua roi bao lau - Bride of Silence

Went to see this VNese movie in the Ghent International movie festival, and suprisingly it really impressed me :-). To be honest, Vnese actors/actresses do not know how to act, so this movie is sort of perfect for them. They don't have to speak a lot hehehe. In fact, when they act, it likes they just reading the lines of the conversation, well it has been the case for a long time.

What I like about the movie is more personal rather than the art of making a movie. I guess for many foreigners, it is the culture, costumes, the music, religion, the people, the scenery...They like it because it is different, it's something that is new to them or they didn't experience it or they do not do it. And maybe the story is intersting, different...

I like the story because I could see what my grandparents lived through, why my uncle is the one who make most decisions (acc. my grandma), or why my grandfather had a lot of relationships but my grandma did not do anything about it...Everything in the movie reminded me of them, of the things they said, taught, educated us...

So, yeah maybe Vneses can make good movie :-)
Click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home