The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

When aliens talk about VN

I am actually a bit angry when reading a blog that one of my friends sent to me about his friend who travels in VN.

Actually, I am not so sure about my feelings. Most of things she mentioned are correct, like Vn is not a real communism, and I am normally happy when a foreigner notice and tallk about these things. I guess I am upseting because she wrote about the way people live in VN (tough, hard, fast) as if we have a choice to not live that life. Yes, it is a jungle, but it is ours to say. Even what she eats everyday, she did not seem to appreciate, I don't understand if she is looking fries and steak, maybe better to stay in Europe. The rice that she talked about, I wonder if she realised how many people work hard to earn money from them to feed a family on a daily basis. I read her post several times, and every time it made me feel furious. That is why I am not so fond of seeing tourists coming to my country now. It is like a fashion for people to go to countries like mine, but have no idea what to expect, and their deception make the whole travel experiences unpleasant for them, and for the people who read their stories. Oh yeah, and she dares to call our language "dialect" while there is not even a language that is called "Belgian". Sorry to make such a comment, but really, "dialect", that is like an insult. She talks like she comes from a superior race to a meet some stone age people or something, and see how wild we live. In fact, she talks like we are some animals live in the zoo for people to get by and look (that is the feeling I got at least).

There is no organization because it is impossible to organise. How can you organise if from the top it is a mess. You are just happy that you can get by day and day. It is not about the Vnese, it is about the Vnese governement! I really want to leave a comment but figure it is not a diplomatic way, and since she is a friend of my friend.

So, in short, nothing fun in reading this woman's travel "adventures", and I have no intentions to follow although I am a big fan of travel stories (mind you, nothing to do with the fact that I am Vietnamese, there are people talk about the different in VNese people and them, and I find that interesting, but this one? Sorry.)

Apart from the above frustration :-), I am not so busy at work, so I start replying to emails that dated since last year, and updated my other blogs (yes, have several blogs), so that they do not disappear hehehe, writing is fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home