The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Friday, December 07, 2007

When we comfortably sit at our dining table....

complaining about our foods, many children in Africa have no nutritious foods or worse they have ever tasted clean water. Yes, Africa, for me, it is a lost continent. My best friend just came back from Kenya, Rwanda...after two months and a haft travelling. Her initial plans was only to go there for a month, but now she came back with Africa winning her heart, and she plans going back.

I guess, through our discussions, the things that won her heart, not only the beautiful nature of Rwanda, the gorillas, but also the happy people. I wanted to get on a plane and go there just by hearing her stories. There are funny ones, as always, because of the different cultures encountering, but there are sad ones like 40% of the population in Rwanda has AIDs, children were born with the century disease, and shortage of water. These people needs our attention. Yet, living in a poor conditions does not make them sitting there, feeling sorry for their sorts. "We share everything", they said. It made me feel so sad. How many times, we make a big fuss about small little problems, but only hear these stories, it makes me feel so much more positive because our problems are nothing compare to theirs.

I received a letter from a 12 years old, he is from the orphenage where my friend stayed helping, buying stuffs for them. I can't believe how such a young boy can think so deeply, and the words he used are so beautiful and sweet. They study with not enough pen, or papers, but they write so well. These brats in our society should learn a lesson. But we can't blame them because we, too, live so comfortable that we become so selfish, only thinking for ourselves, we forget about SHARING, and compassion.

This Xmas, I am going to make a new friend, his name is Harun, he is 12 years old, and he is from an orphenage in Kenya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home