The Tao of Thao

The joy of living with no regrets

Monday, September 15, 2008

A typical weekend..

After an unrested weekend, I now find myself sitting, looking at the clear, blue sky outside the windows, wondering what my future would be like, having in hands a book entitled "The meaning of the 21 century" James Martin, thinking of the possiblities of travelling in the next couple of years ;-).

I mingled in the crowd in a flea market ;-) in Flagey on Sat to see if I could find anything interesting. In Belgium, every now and then, usually in summer when the weather is nice and warm (although rarely happens), each townhall organises a sort of market, festival like that one, where you can buy and sell stuffs that you no longer use or that you want to find some things which are still in good shape at cheaper price. Sometimes, you would really find your happiness in other people's junks. This market in Flagey had been interrupted for the last 5 years since they started to renovate the Flagey square until recently work there finished. Anyway, I did find some nice stuffs, but I was not able to stay long because soon the rain came, people started to pick their stuffs up, the market was soon empty as if it had never been there. This kind of vintage market is something I am going to miss a lot if I move away from Belgium. It is like hearing music playing on the street whereever you go, like the smell of waffles invading the subway, like the sudden rain on the sunny day...little things like those characterize much the country where you are in. Somehow it is poetic and beautiful imaginary sceneries. Maybe I am just one of those character in a romance written by someone ;-).

I also went to see my first puppet theater. It was my first time ever to be in a theater atmosphere in Belgium (okey, of course, puppet theater is much different from the real national theater) but still I could feel and understand the litterature and history behind the scenes, I could see how much work that the artists put into their character (and that also works with woods, they do have souls). I enjoyed it so much. You learned so much from this sort of play. And certainly, it is nice to catch up with friends after going to a show, drinking good beers, talking about the character, the regions, the history...

Lately, it seems like I have been busy with cultural events. I feel like I don't have time to stop and breath (mind you, I don't complain, on the contrary). So, a one day hiking trip into the nature was what I needed. So, we set up, took the train, five of us to Rivage, small village from Liege, did a 20km walk ;-), wandering to the field, looking at the cows, listening to the birds, the whistling sound of the wind, and sometimes the barking sound of dogs from far away houses.

And it seems like activities just keep on coming...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home